December 17, 2017
Big Boy Division
Put up or shut up. Who’s been in the lab will show, as Popscout begins to take a closer look at the DNA of squads who call themselves ELITE. Everybody got an elite jersey you feel me. PopScout Top 10 as of December 20, 2017 715am.
We look at strength of schedule, opponent win/loss, coaching qualities, various polls, our own feel for the game, and top players on a team, who may be able to enter the zone and make it happen – on any given night.
- Bishop Montgomery – Keeps on truckin’
- Sierra Canyon – KMart Jr. is a beast…and still getting lab work done
- Fairfax – Dem Fairfax Boys on a mission
Westchester – Any given night (players who can step up)
- Mater Dei – Lost too many pieces
- St. Anthony – Coach Caveness is working his magic
- Oak Park – Hey, hey wait a minute ‘Mr Postman’ Riley Battin
- Pasadena – Best backcourt in the State?
- Harvard Westlake – Young and scary
- Damian – Shelton and co. run Coach LeDuc stuff to perfection
- Rancho Christian – Brothers are special? Upcoming tourneys should tell all
Looking in (in order):
- Santa Margarita
- Poly (Riverside)
- Cantwell Sacred Heart
- St. Bernard
- St. John Bosco
- Long Beach Poly
- Redondo Union
- Corona Centennial
- Roosevelt (Eastvalle)
- Beverly Hills
- Chino Hills
- Blair (Pasadena)
We went in and re-evaluated based on a few new coaches – and veteran coaches – who’ve stepped on the scene and brought their own passion and knowledge to their teams – or continue to keep the high level of play, regardless of the cards they’re dealt. As a result, Blair (Pasadena), St, Anthony, Poly(Riverside), and Loyola have cracked the code, getting players to play at a high level under their philosophy of the game.
Elevate Yo’ Game